Monday, 27 April 2015 Monday, April 27, 2015
This past Saturday, I hosted a bridesmaids party for one of my best girlfriends. She got engaged a few months ago, and I thought it would be nice to get all the bridesmaids together to meet each other! (I am a bridesmaid and my boyfriend is a groomsman. I guess we will be walking down the aisle a little earlier than expected, haha!!). This wasn't a full on party - more of just a get-together. We had shrimp tacos, drank margaritas, played Cards Against Humanity, and all got to know each other.
Though the occasion definitely did not require decorations, I can't help myself. I LOVE decorating my home, and this obsession is only amplified when I know I am having guests over. I decided to go with a floral theme, and made this flower letter "A" for my girlfriend! This was SO easy and looked amazing!!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Paper mache letter (I bought this at Joann's when I was in the USA shopping a few weeks ago. It was $10. For you Canadian ladies, I am not sure if you can find this at Michael's, but I am sure you could order it online. All it really is is a cardboard letter that is hallow on the inside)
- Floral foam
- A ton of silk flowers (I bought mine from the dollarstore)
- A knife & scissors
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
1. Take your knife and start cutting out one side of your letter. This actually was easier than I thought it was going to be. I used a serrated knife, which is SO much easier than an exacto knife. I literally stuck the knife into the letter and sawed the cardboard. There will be folded up cardboard inside the letter. Take this out so you are left with an open letter that is completely hallow.
TIP!! Don't try to cut the letter all the way to the edge - this could lead to the letter breaking. Just go kind of in the middle. Then, either bend the edges into the letter, or take scissors and cut the excess off.
2. Fill the hallow insides with floral foam (floral foam is flammable, so make sure to keep the final product away from candles or any other source of heat)
3. Stick your silk flowers into the foam. Go crazy with this!! You don't want to see any of the foam. The more flowers the merrier.
THAT'S IT!! Literally the easiest DIY ever. And it is so pretty! Everyone at the party loved it - it was a huge hit.
I hope you enjoyed this DIY. Do you want to see more of these on my blog? Let me know in the comment section below!
Also, if you would like to see pictures of the table setting of the bridal party, see yesterday's post here.
Sunday, 26 April 2015 Sunday, April 26, 2015
Today I have a sneaky Sunday post for you! Last night I hosted a dinner party for a few of my girlfriends. I thought I would share with you a few pictures from the table setting, as well as links to wear I bought most of the stuff!
I love home decor. I swear, it is more fun for me to dress my home than it is to dress myself!! Lately, I have been crazy into floral prints and fuchsia. If I had it my way, I would have flowers and floral prints everywhere all the time! Unfortunately, I live with a boy, so I don't always get what I want. But for this girls-only party, I decided to go all out.
- Gold Table Runner (found at Homesense, similar here)
- Pink Polka Dot Runner, Kate Spade (found at Homesense, I also love this one)
- Floral Napkins, Indigo
- White Plates, Ikea
- Bloomster White Candle Stick Holders, Ikea
- Gold Tealight Candle Holders, Target (old, similar here)
- Flower Letter "A" (I DIY'ed this! Tutorial will be up on the blog tomorrow!)
- Silver French Bulldog Statute, Urban Barn (old, same found here)
As you can see, most of what I bought was from Homesense. I love shopping there! You get the best deals on amazing things! Both table runners, and the mint decanter are all new purchases, so I am sure you can still find them in store!
Where is your favourite place to shop for home decor items? Let me know in the comment section down below!
PS: DONT FORGET TO CHECK OUT THE FLOWER "A" DIY!!! The tutorial will be up TOMORROW MORNING!
Monday, 20 April 2015 Monday, April 20, 2015
Today, I am sharing with you my all time favourite eyeshadow palette EVER!!!
Name: Tarte Tartelette Palette
Product: You get 12 neutral, matte shades in this gorgeous palette
Price: $53 Canadian (less if you live in/are buying from the States)
Where to buy: Click here for a direct link to the Sephora Website
Why is this palette so amazing?
1. The shadows are ALL MATTE.
This may seem like it would make for a boring look, but actually matte colours look so pretty on the eyes. Especially now that it is Spring, and my bold lippies are having their moment, matte eyeshadows are a must.
2. The shades are all super office approp.
Don't know what to wear to the office because it is 6:30am and you are still half asleep? ME NEITHER!! Grab this palette and pretty much put on whatever combination of shadows you would like. Seriously. Do it. It will always look good and super appropriate for the office. Well, unless you apply the matte black shade all over your lid. Not so office appropriate then.... Ok, so I guess MOST the shades are super office approp.
Also, yes, I made up the slang 'approp'.
3. This palette can be used as a companion to every other shadow/palette you have in your collection.
Did you buy a crazy glittery lavender pigment from MAC during their most recent collection? So did I. Have no idea how to wear it? Pair that crazy colour with the shades from this palette. It will create the most beautiful look.
4. The shadows are excellent quality.
One swipe of any shade in this palette reveals just how great these shadows are. The formula is amazing - crazy pigmented colour, especially for matte eyeshadows. Don't believe me? Check out the swatches above!
5. Tarte is a cruelty free brand.
Need I say more? Go hug your puppy. You deserve it, girl!
I very much recommend that this palette be on your wishlist for the next time you are indulging in new makeup products. Want a direct link to it now? Click here!
WHAT PALETTE IS YOUR FAVOURITE RIGHT NOW? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENT SECTION DOWN BELOW!!!
What I'm Wearing
- Green/Yellow Blouse (old, similar here)
- Statement Necklace
- Engraved Delicate Bar Necklace
- Spiky Gold Bracelet
- Sparkly Gem Bracelet
- Gold Bangle
- Fuchsia Lipstick